1. Welcome to Hungercraft!

Welcome to the home of the first and best Minecraft Hungergames Community! Please login or register in order to start building your stats! You can view our available servers here to play with us in-game!

Already a member? Login Now!

The Two Unions and The Rebel - My Story on the Dunes KOTH

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FloppehFeesh, Dec 1, 2012.

1. FloppehFeesh

FloppehFeesh Coal Donor Official Winner

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
    The pregame was tense. Teams were formed and enemies were made. Quiet27 told me I should not have gone solo. I was going to truce with Pattyo123 and VIACOM but they ended up playing with the Goons. Trace accidentally revealed the map name "Dunes" and someone kept saying it was Islands with no water. I kept hearing things about two huge alliances, I drew a conclusion that those two unions will slowly tear themselves and each other apart, making my job easier in the end. But that is not what happened...

The game started. I was in a familiar place, my feet once again on my fated pedestal. Whoever said it was Islands without water was right, because that is exactly what it was. With the ten seconds I had before I was released I figured the following: the corn will not be worth it, especially with all the people out to get me; the main source of food on Islands is the Jungles. The game started. I was on the far side of the pedestals so I run in that direction to that jungle. I get to the jungle with no one competing with me. I see a cow and go straight for the tree next to the cow. I get two wood and make a wood sword to have a form of defense and something to kill the animals with. I grab some more wood for the future when I realize that some of the goons were approaching the island.

I quickly looked for the cow who somehow got on the tree. I killed it and went to find the pig I heard oinking. I killed the pig and ran. When I looked behind me (using F5) I notice that only VIACOM and KJP were chasing me, with KJP in the lead. We pass a small body of water and when I get to the other side I try blocking to check if VIACOM was truce'd, but it was no use. I ran off the island and they gave up, letting me free. I explore near the glass border looking for things that can help me out, when I see SirSteady coming out of the whole right against the glass wall. When he reveals himself I notice the chain leggings and stone sword. Compared to my armor-less skin and puny wood sword I had a small chance against him. But I decided to turn the food chain around.

I pretend to run but turn around and throw down some cactus that I grabbed on the way to the jungle. I get a few ticks of damage on him and run in. We trade hits but then I get a big combo, successfully killing him. I then realize that the hit registration was acting a lot better than usual. I eat his cooked meat, equip his chain paints, and run. It was now night and a skeleton hit me while I was running. I hunkered down somewhat near the glass wall and organized my inventory. I then began digging a 2x2 hole down, doing this prevents me from most sanity issues and allows me to mine. I get down to about level 30 and start loosing sanity. After finding no iron on the way down I tard pillar up and do some quick search for iron in the walls. No iron. At all ( keep in mind to put ores on future maps :D ). At the top of my quarry I hear the mobs burning above me. I wait for the noises to cease and then I exit my small home. I grab some string and bones and decide to farm some bread. At about this time I notice that thee Goons were completely annihilating Equinox. Almost no one from the Goons suffered a fatality.

I check an area nearby with lava below it and check the chests. Empty. It turns out that is where Nachoz burned to death. I plan to head over to the Jungle I was once at but I see BloodyCooki running towards me. I know he needed me and I need him. He was one of the last two remaining from Equinox, the other being Adath. Adath soon died. We discussed a bit, asking about food, trading armor, etc. While we were Pattyo came over into our view, scouting us out. They knew. We decide to go to the Jungle but I try to get his skype. He tries to tell me his skype but four of the Goons in the distance started chasing. I say "move" and instantly start running. He follows, but I turn around to grab and arrow the Goons shot into a body of water. Bloody also turns to fire an arrow, but in return arrows are rained down on him and he quickly is killed. I keep running. At this time I checked TAB and realized: It was just me, FurdleGurdle, and seven others who are all on a team.

I run to find Furdle. Luckily, I do. I had some ground on the Goons so I say "Help" twice. He sees me on the second "Help" but the goons were already right behind us. I eat something when suddenly Quiet cut me and Furdle apart. I guess that was alright, now half of the goons are chasing Furdle and I have to deal with less people. I use my water to keep quiet back, which works pretty well. Furdle is killed and now it is me and the team of seven. We run around an island and he ender pearls to me. I run towards the corner of the map and loop around. Sadly, I was rubber banded back due to a glitch bringing me right next to Quiet. He gets some hits on me and I keep running. Using F5 to look back I notice that they were freezing - suddenly they started moving and I randomly took sword hits when they weren't even close to me. It happens again and now I am extremely low due to glitches and lag. I keep running and they get two nice bow shots on me, ending my journey. Leaving the team of seven to deal with themselves.

Looking back to see what I could have done to help me live longer, I can't find anything. I couldn't predict the lag that I got and there was nothing I could do :(

It was a fun and exciting game, sadly it was ended with lag and glitches, but that's alright. I'm proud to say I was the last one to die before the team / truce of seven.

-FloppehFeesh
    benhos, Sam, Theleux and 3 others like this.
  2. SalmonTheFish

SalmonTheFish Hungercraft Newbie

IGN:
    SalmonTheFish
    Sorry if you didn't like the map much. As you probably know, that was a very old save and we had a more polished and awesome map ready to go, but there was a slight miscommunication.
  3. VIACOM

VIACOM Manager Administrator

Team:
    <3
    IGN:
    VIACOM
    You should have messaged me / Pattyo! :p. It was only us and Alein, so we had room for one more for our group of four. KJP joined us after the split up at corn when he couldn't find the rest of his group.

Animals in trees are sacred. You shouldn't have killed that cow :(

meow
    benhos likes this.
  4. VIACOM

Team:
    <3
    IGN:
    VIACOM
    I liked the map :D
  5. FloppehFeesh

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
    I couldn't message. Besides, you can KJP chased me off the island ;_;
  6. VIACOM

Team:
    <3
    IGN:
    VIACOM
    oh true, i forgot that we couldnt message ><. yeah, we didn't give you a chance, sorry. i was thirsty
  7. SirPrew

SirPrew Coal Donor

IGN:
    kajak4u
    Floppeh, we weren't freakin Equinox, we were THE ALLIANCE :p
  8. Ace_OfSpades

Ace_OfSpades Combatant

IGN:
    Ace_OfSpades
    Yep. that giant-ass 14 people alliance XD
    Who won anyway?
  9. SirPrew

SirPrew Coal Donor

IGN:
    kajak4u
    *cough* 15 people *cough*
    Uhm, if memory serves right, I think Symotic.
  10. FloppehFeesh

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
    Pattyo got 3rd, KJP second, Symotic first
  11. Symotic

Symotic Iron Donor Official Winner

Team:
    Koalas
    IGN:
    Symotic
    Yeah, it was a very fun game, I must admit we had a decently large alliance of 7 but There was a team of like 8 or 9 plus at the corn at one moment, we did what we had to to take them down and win

PS. It's nice to join You and Caggy On the winner stands of The 3 KoTH victors ;) I got to redeem myself from my fail in the first match :D