1. Welcome to Hungercraft!

Welcome to the home of the first and best Minecraft Hungergames Community! Please login or register in order to start building your stats! You can view our available servers here to play with us in-game!

Already a member? Login Now!

An Era ends and a new one begins!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Troyter, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Troyter

Troyter Active Combatant Official Winner

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    Hey guys,

Many of you already might know this but Equinox sorta broke up :/
    Now this is a tribute to all the ppl who where enemies, friends, allies and part of KWG/Equinox!

When I joined hungercraft I was a noob at pvp and did not have a team! I always asked people if they wanted to team but never got a reply! Really I kinda felt lonely :( When I then heard of a ts server I asked for the ip and was greated by a lot of nice people who helped me set me up my ts and teamed with me giving me tips and just being through and through nice! It turned out most of these people where part of a team called KWG (Killing Wood Getters).

One of the nicest people who always was in a good mood was Yamata and we became friends! He took me under his wing and even secured me a spot in KWG! I think I was never happier in minecraft until then! I was so happy to be part of such an awesome team! Now to those who did not know KWG it was a big ass team which was feared not because of our pvp skills but because of our power in numbers. Scoola and Yamata where the leaders and added quite a lot of people who where decent at pvp, nice and had ts. When KWG then disbanded and Equinox was created it was uncertain if I would be accepted. Scoola created Equinox in order to have a smaller amount of elite players from former KWG! They had built a pvp simulator and if you wanted to join you had to go through a series of trials!

Scoola first rejected me but then gave me a chance against a good friend bignova! I still remember how it was close to a draw and bignova in the end won :) That meant I was not excepted for Equinox but honestly I was happy that Bignova was! Then MC updated to 1.3 and so did I but HC didnt! I was gone for I think 2-3 weeks but when I came back and HC had been updated I found the same nice guy to great me again: Yamata! He quickly added me to Equinox and even made me a squad leader for a while. It turned out Scoola had created a smaller team and Yamata was leading alone now. At that point Equinox had three squads and we where doing good.... until the dunes official!

Before the Dunes official we lost MsMeadows and JrM both two great players who will never be replaced :( Then in the Dunes official BloodyCookie, Lineranch, Legoguy22 (Theleux) and Nachoz decided to team for that event and at the end of the event left Equinox and created their own team. Watermelonking came back and brought upspostal, admiral echo, chewyexe and joshracher! To be honest at that point I believe Equinox was strong and present in the community. But then I started to notice that Yamata had sorta changed and he often played with the thought of disbanning Equinox.... It was a weird situation because it was always uncertain if Watermelonking would stay or leave. Then I started playing with people on skype and realized that Equinox was basically dead, at least in my opinion. So I left and just after me did Yamata and now Equinox is gone....

I think KWG and Equinox where a big part of Hungercraft because these two teams made lots of friends but also some enemies on the way. Also KWG, later Equinox, was one of those teams which was just always there. I really would like to thank everyone who was in Equinox/KWG or was a friend or even a foe to us. You all made my expirience on this server amazing and reflecting on the past 5 months you all made it an epic time and made me a better pvper :)

If you have any experience you shared with Equinox pls just post them below it would really mean a lot :)

-Thx to all of you especially you Yamata the guy who took me under his wing!
  2. 0Krux0

0Krux0 Lapis Donor Official Winner

Team:
    KoRT
    IGN:
    Kruxization
    I was there when the KWG was created, best team HC ever had.
  3. Troyter

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    Yeah it was RIP KWG!
  4. LBN6

LBN6 Active Combatant

IGN:
    LBN6
    RIP
    Are there any old era teams left?
  5. Yamata4TW

Yamata4TW Gold Donor

Team:
    Teto-Chan
    IGN:
    Yamata4TW
    I'm hoping Equinox stays alive by Watermlonking and all of his sqaud. If not, then Equinox would truly be disbanded. NO PRESSURE WATERMELO!
  6. Troyter

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    Thx :) I will start writing stories about officials and events, THATS RIGHT FLOPPEH YOU HAVE COMPETITION NOW!
    I dont think any teams have survived. Avengers died out ages ago and not all to long the Slime Jokies died. The old Equinox/KWG is gone and now a new one is arising but might have a different name :p
  7. Dayshade

Dayshade Renown Elite

Team:
    Anti-Mining Advocacy, Legal, and Protest Group
    IGN:
    Dayshade
    Depends on what you mean by "old era". There a couple teams still around from July or even late June, like Elementals.
    Sebomon likes this.
  8. WatermelonKing1

WatermelonKing1 Renown Elite Official Winner

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    Lol Oblivion woulda been good until you.. you know you.. you... I won't say it

I still have screenies of what we built on Choco's server. I saved the huge OBLIVION Thing as well ;) http://imgur.com/a/ilCWV (Just uploaded them and made this small album, read album description.) :D
    I still remember when we picked out those colours. They look so cool.
    Leemonadeport12 likes this.
  9. Troyter

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    Oblivion and Elementals are not the old school teams but ok....
    WatermelonKing1 likes this.
  10. WatermelonKing1

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    No? It was when you added... you know... you know who... ;)
  11. WatermelonKing1

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    But hey, you lost a whole team to add one player who would quit. Best decision you ever made :p
    Yamata4TW and Leemonadeport12 like this.
  12. WatermelonKing1

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    Thanks babe. Oh the memories of the past... Lol I remember not having a mic and always typing and sneaking on my bro's mic that one time xD The good ol' days
  13. FloppehFeesh

FloppehFeesh Coal Donor Official Winner

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
  14. WatermelonKing1

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    Just read all comments, Zombeh is a jerk... He never seemed like THAT much of a jerk on his server or in team speak...
  15. FloppehFeesh

FloppehFeesh Coal Donor Official Winner

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
    I've known him for a while, he is definitely a bit of a troll and jerk :p
    0Krux0 likes this.
  16. MsMeadows13

MsMeadows13 Renown Elite Retired Staff

Team:
    Team Love <3
    IGN:
    MsMeadows13
    Aw, this was nice :3 Luv ya Troyter! ;D
  17. Troyter

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    oh my meadows you left to the right time I have to say :) Thanks for the appreciation :p how have you been?
  18. Yamata4TW

Yamata4TW Gold Donor

Team:
    Teto-Chan
    IGN:
    Yamata4TW
    Eh... it all fell apart... because everyone left, let's hope for a better era of teams. I already feel as though this will happen again, thanks to the massive amount of players that joined.
  19. MsMeadows13

MsMeadows13 Renown Elite Retired Staff

Team:
    Team Love <3
    IGN:
    MsMeadows13
    Haha, np :3 I've been fine. Just been on other servers and hanging out with the others that left :p Do you go on any other servers other than hc?

Sad, but true. Sorry if this was partly JrM's and my fault, I feel bad about it, but it was probably gunna happen anyways sooner or later :( Hc isn't and never will be the same hc I feel in love with :/
  20. Troyter

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter